Develop novel embedded systems for use with robot sensors and actuators. Create smart cameras, smart motors, and other computation-equipped devices that will power next-generation robots.
Design and lay out custom circuit boards using various CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs. Work with contract manufacturers on low-volume prototype production. Write firmware to run on-board.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine and refine customer and/or project requirements
- Full life-cycle embedded system development
- Support, maintenance, and documentation of hardware and firmware functionality
- Testing and quality assurance
SKILLS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree(s) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field (recent graduates welcome), and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with schematic capture and mixed-signal PCB layout using KiCAD
- Experience sourcing components using typical distributors of prototype-quantity orders
- Experience working with contract manufacturers for prototypes and low-volume runs
- Singapore citizenship or permanent residency required
NICE TO HAVE’S
- Several years of professional embedded systems development experience
- Experience with firmware development in C for Arm Cortex-M (e.g. STM32) using gcc and OpenOCD
- Experience with portable Verilog development for FPGA's using Icarus Verilog and Verilator
- Experience with host software development in C++ and Python
- Experience with typical bench prototyping and debugging skills: logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG, etc.
- Experience with embedded Linux on Arm Cortex-A for single-board computers
- Experience using and/or contributing to open source projects
- Cover letter, in which you introduce yourself and explain your interest in joining our team
- Work portfolio
- Two references and/or two letters of recommendation
To learn more about life at Open Robotics, visit our careers page.