Join our team as we build the open source tools that drive the global robotics community, from education and research to product. Help us apply those tools to solve important problems. Develop, extend, support, and apply robotics software, including the ROS programming framework and the Gazebo simulator.
Create and manage large-scale integration tests of complex distributed systems. Develop infrastructure to support testing of ROS and other middleware systems (e.g., videoconferencing platforms) using logged data and/or simulation. Create test cases to replicate scenarios observed in real-world deployments and also to probe corner cases of operation.
Deploy and manage a continuous integration (CI) system that combines cloud-hosted servers with on-premises hardware to run and report on test suites. Develop strategies for handling results and notifications from CI. Automate steps and processes at every opportunity.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop scripting (Python or Ruby) tools and libraries
- Full life-cycle library and application development
- Support, maintenance, and documentation of software functionality
- Software testing and quality assurance
SKILLS / JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree(s) in Computer Science or a related field (recent graduates welcome), and/or equivalent industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby
- Extensive knowledge of software development in Linux
- Experience designing and developing large software systems
- Experience with continuous integration systems (e.g., Jenkins)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with cloud-hosted computation (e.g., AWS EC2)
- Current authorization to work in Singapore strongly preferred
NICE TO HAVE’S
- Experience with tools and techniques for integration testing
- Experience with ROS, Gazebo, and/or other robotics software
- Experience developing and maintaining open-source software
- Experience designing and developing user- and developer-friendly software systems
- Several years of professional software development experience
- Cover letter, in which you introduce yourself and explain your interest in joining our team
- Link(s) to code sample(s), ideally in a publicly accessible repository
- Two references and/or two letters of recommendation
To learn more about life at Open Robotics, visit our careers page.